BigWalkDog (Tutwiler, Miss.)

 BigWalkDog 



ABOUT 

American rapper, better known as BigWalkDog, who has risen to fame for his 2021 single "Whole Lotta Ice" and his appearance on Gucci Mane's 2021 album Ice Daddy. He signed to Gucci Mane's The New 1017 record label in 2021. 

BEFORE FAME

He started releasing singles in 2020, including "Suzan," "Vibes," and "Craig Daddy."

TRIVIA

He posts clips from his live shows on his bigwalkdog1 Instagram account, which has amassed over 410,000 followers.

FAMILY LIFE

He is from Tutwiler, Mississippi. 

ASSOCIATED WITH

He collaborated with Kevo Muney on the 2021 single "Wake Up Early."

Road To Success:

The Mississippi Delta harbors a long history of gutsy and gritty artistry, dating all the way back to Muddy Waters and Robert Johnson up through Sam Cooke and B.B. King. Carrying this tradition into a new lane, BigWalkDog bites right through hip-hop with his own brand of Southern gusto. Towering over any room at 6’ 8”, the Mississippi-raised rapper bares his teeth with commanding bars and knockout hooks that prove impossible to shake. After posting up over 300M worldwide streams and more than 222M video views thus far and attracting Gucci Mane to his corner, he asserts himself as a new voice for Mississippi and the culture at large with his debut mixtape TRICK CITY via The New 1017/Atlantic Records.

 
“I’m from the heart of Mississippi—the Delta,” he declares with pride. “I feel like my story is different, because of where I come from. I’m trying to get in between the dark and the light, stay afloat, and do music for life. I plan to be the face of my home and, one day, the world.”
 
Born in Tutwiler, Mississippi, he grew up in The Magnolia State. Even though they maintained a close relationship, dad relocated to Detroit, so BigWalkDog primarily split his time between his mother’s place and his grandmother’s house down the street in Mississippi. Mom worked as a visitation officer at a correctional facility and introduced him to classic rap by Bun B, Three 6 Mafia, and, of course, Gucci Mane. 
 
“Music discovered me,” he smiles. “I was born with it. I always knew I would do it professionally. All I ever cared about was doing music. I didn’t care for basketball, football, or sports. People knew me everywhere I went because I was constantly rapping.”
 
In 2020, he moved to Memphis with his cousin and picked up a job at a factory. At night, he recorded in a local studio. Around the same time, he officially introduced himself with the independent single “Pull Up.” He maintained his momentum with releases such as “Tyson” and “B.T.D.” before catching the attention of Gucci Mane who signed him to The New 1017.
 
“After I saw a mention from Gucci on Instagram, I can’t really explain the feeling,” he smiles. “It was a dramatic change. I’m still trying to get used to it!”
He joined forces with Gucci Mane on the single “Poppin,” amassing 40 million-plus YouTube views after rising to #2 on YouTube’s “Trending” chart. BigWalkDog made his late-night TV debut with Gucci Mane himself when they delivered an electrifying performance of “Poppin” on Jimmy Kimmel Live! On its heels, BigWalkDog’s single “Whole Lotta Ice” [feat. Lil Baby & Pooh Shiesty] quickly cracked 3 million views in under a week and picked up widespread critical acclaim. A wide span of powerful releases continued, including striking appearances on 1017 Global Music label’s RIAA Certified Gold compilations SO ICY BOYZ and the recently released SO ICY GANG: THE REUP. Early support from Revolt TV urged, “BigWalkDog is quickly becoming one of the bigger faces on the southern rap scene, and The Source proclaimed, “It’s BigWalkDog season.” 


In September 2022, BigWalkDog celebrated the release of his stacked 20-track debut mixtape TRICK CITY highlighted by tracks such as “For Certain (feat. Big30)” with further features from Gucci Mane, Lil Baby, and Pooh Shiesty. “The 1017 signee leaves a strong impression on his debut mixtape…” writes HotNewHipHop, “BigWalkDog kept his foot on the gas since inking a deal with Gucci Mane with a string of releases that have shown growth.” 
 
“It’s all about how the beat makes me feel,” he reveals. “You don’t just get a sound. You get a raw feeling from me.”
In the end, BigWalkDog makes Mississippi proud by pushing the whole game forward.
 
“Mississippi made me, but I want BigWalkDog to be for the world,” he leaves off. “You can take your own feelings from it—whether they’re good or bad. I’m just being honest.”

BigWalkDog Audio Tracks & Videos


INSTAGRAM
YOUTUBE
FACEBOOK




































Comments

Popular Posts